On the sharp end

Sending it since 2006

Name:
Location: Flatlands, US

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thankfulness

I realize several of my last entries have been kind of heavy and maybe came across as pessimistic or downers. So here's one to bring you back up - get your warm and fuzzies ready...it's that time of year again. What I am thankful for:

Parents whose love for me and eachother was never in question.

Good music.

5 senses.

The spectrum of colors - so unnecessarily opulent.

An imagination that is so vivid that I can conjure up images of what heaven might be like, but am unable to imagine a color that doesn't exist.

An intellect that tells me that the most wonderful of my imaginings of heaven isn't even close.

Being born in a place where I have the privilege of studying and complaining about having to study so much, believe in and argue about religion, choose to go anywhere, with anyone, in anyway whenever i choose, you get the point.

Mountains - again unnecessary, with no real purpose other than bringing my heart joy and filling it with awe.

A Creator that has created in me a heart that is wooed by His colors and mountains and music.

Friends close enough that I can say "I love you" and it isn't weird.

Friends who forgive me when I don't deserve it.

A Savior who forgave everything I've ever done wrong and will do wrong, asking only for my love in return.

Squirrels.

Rocks to climb, and daydream about climbing, and the ability to climb.

Sunshine.

Mashed potatoes.

And gravy.

2 Comments:

Blogger JK said...

Indeed... Happy Thanksgiving friend

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ben and Renee Welstead said...

I consider myself blessed to be friends with a fellow blogger like you. Thanks for spending time at our house over the break. Renee and I enjoy having you.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home