On the sharp end

Sending it since 2006

Name:
Location: Flatlands, US

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Obesity - America's #1 export

After sufficiently wrapping the globe and strangling the life out of any and all other cultures, the deep fat fried, extra crispy tentacles of KFC are now reaching to outer space...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,229308,00.html

Let's see if they can successfully achieve a 31% obesity rate among aliens, as they have achieved in the U.S. (31% "obesity" - not "overweight", which has a prevalence of 65% in the U.S. Obesity is neck and neck with smoking as the LEADING cause of death in the U.S.).

I can only assume that WalMart will be soon to follow in the intergalactic billboard advertising race. I'm sure they can't wait to reel in that lucrative UFO consumer demographic. And you know what that will have to lead to - yep, bigger parking lots. Because let's be honest - although Hummers and Excursions are big, they aren't UFO big. And then there's Starbucks - how are they going to build UFO friendly drive-thrus? They'll find a way - oh don't you worry. It might have to involve demolishing that cozy little local coffee shop next door - but that's not anything new I suppose. Ok, sorry, I'm getting off topic.

I can't imagine a better use of 87,000 square feet of this Earth's surface, can you?
I actually saw something in KFC last summer (besides the food) that almost made me throw up - BUCKETS of soda. They were selling buckets (literally) of soda, complete with a lid and handle. You could choose between the half- and full-gallon sizes...but with prices so low, how could you just settle for a half-gallon of soda? I saw about 31% of the customers happily walking out with their 12 piece meal in one hand and a gallon of soda in the other.
I thought I might be able to escape the pandemic in S. America, but no, they love KFC down there - it's considered a pricey, fancy restaurant that you only get to eat at for a special occasion. It's probably better that way. In fact, they have some great KFC products that we don't even have here:
KFC ice cream & toppings...finger lickin' good.

3 Comments:

Blogger jared said...

you have to admit, anyone with the slogan: "finger lick'n good", is pretty dang finger lick'n good.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

i've recently read a stat that says 1 in 4 children are obese. is this right? I say couch potatoes make little fries. if we had 84,000 square feet of park instead...hmm, yes a lovely idea. Get ride of all KFC, MCDondalds, McAnythings and put in parks. then force kids to play frisbee and climb trees for fun.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Ben and Renee Welstead said...

It just to happens I am meeting two of my high school friends at KFC today for dinner. I'll stick a straw into a bucket o' soda just for you Derek. Then I'll throw it all of the floor and yell "Take that Sanders, now you clean it up!" We'll see if he's up to it or not.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home